Sunday, July 21, 2013

Parchment Craft Grid Work - Challenge!!

Hello, hello, hello!!!

Goodness, it seems like it's been forever since my last post, but in fact, it's only been a few weeks!!  Okay, let's get things started.....

Several months ago I purchased Kannikar Sukseree's latest book titled, Best of the Best Parchment Craft Grid Work and although I've not been able to make as many projects as I would like to, I did do something a bit different with one of the grid patterns that I liked, from the book.  The pattern I chose, is on Page 22 and I challenged myself to see how many different variations (aside from the ones already in the book!!) I could make. 





So, I began my self inflicted challenge by making one, of a collection of Vintage Ladies that I have, and for the image, I also incorporated my own parchment craft technique, "Etched Glass", which can be purchased by clicking on the image below. 


Okay, here are my beautiful ladies.....let's see if you can easily see the differences between each of the grid borders I made, from only one foundation pattern from Kanny's book!!!  


My version of Grid 27
Grid 27 - Looks the same but it's not


My version of Grid 27
My version of Grid 27














This was a wonderful challenge, for me, and it was absolutely amazing just how many different borders I could create from just the one grid design!!  There are probably many more variations of the foundation design, but I was ready to move on to a new project, so I only challenged myself to do four.

I've shared my challenge with all of you, and now I would like to challenge anyone, who also purchased Kannikar Sukseree's Grid Work book, to take on the task of choosing one pattern from the book and see how many different ways it can be made.....or just challenge yourself to creating four new grid borders from one foundation pattern!!  

Who is up for the challenge?

Happy Parching...




8 comments:

  1. Oh Vickie I wish but there is so much going on in my life I just dont have the time. you are amazing i love your work
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila....thanks so much for coming for a visit!! I know summer really isn't the best time for parching as everyone is so busy, but there may be a few who will take on a challenge!! Hope you are doing well and thanks for the lovely comment.
      Hugs,
      Vickie

      Delete
  2. Hello Vickie,

    I like to read with you, I find your work just great.

    The book I have not - but thanks for the tip. Browse'm going to go for it. Is a suggestion for my next wish list.

    Through the summer, the family and last but not least a new job, I unfortunately do not have much time for crafting. Since I get a really bad conscience. And it really tingles in the fingers. But maybe I'll find the vacation time but then a little time. In all cases, the Pergamano things come in with the holiday luggage to vienna. All other types of craft would be far too extensive in Accessories. But Pergamano always fits.

    Many greetings from Germany

    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Astrid...thanks so much for your lovely words on my work. I'm happy to know you will be adding this beautiful grid work book to your "Wish List" and I know you will enjoy using it. I agree with you...Pergamano always fits!!

      Greetings from America,
      Vickie

      Delete
  3. Love your work Vicki as always it is supurb :O) Hope this finds you well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie...thanks for stopping by for a visit to leave your kind words!!

      Hugs,
      Vickie

      Delete
  4. Vickie, You never cease to amaze. I'm tempted to try your new challenge, but it may have to wait until after August. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jinny...thanks. I hope I find a way to continue to 'never cease to amaze' you!! There is never a deadline on any of my challenges, so there's no pressure!! Have fun and enjoy!!!

      Hugs,
      Vickie

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!