Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Parchment Craft "Crowning Glory"

Oh gosh, I just realized I have not shared this project here!!!  So, without further delay, I'll get right to it :))

This piece is another that was "in the works" (August 2010) when my right shoulder decided it wanted to live outside the rotator cuff.....not where it's supposed to be, but to this date it remains in that condition so I have been focusing, mainly, on putting the finishing touches on projects that were in my 'to complete' folder.  I then get them posted on the various sites that I share my work on and  I'm not sure how I managed to not post it here too.  Well, here it is and it's called "Crowning Glory".....

Mounted
Framed

As you can see, it is a full A4 size and when framed it is 9" X 11" (including frame), so it's a very noticeable piece when hung on the wall.  One day I will get the pattern reworked so that it can be used by anyone other than myself!!!  It's in pretty rough shape at the moment because I haven't taken the time to clean up the draft version of it for public use!!

The reason I have shared the mounted photo, as well as the framed photo, is because, when enlarged, the mounted photo shows more of the detail work on the project.  Instead of doing lots of heavy embossing on this piece, I chose to do what a very talented, parching friend of mine created, called "pergabroidery".  If you look very closely, you will see that there are LOTS of tiny 'thread' lines throughout the piece.  These are to resemble embroidery threads and when the piece is seen (in real life) one cannot tell, without actually touching the piece, that it is not embroidery thread....it is 'thread like embossing'.  I love doing this technique and I adore the finished, elegant look it gives the completed works.

Happy Parching!!





18 comments:

  1. magnifique travail et d'une finesse bravo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Raymonde!! It's very nice to see you again :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, very beautiful Parchment!!!
    Hug

    Aux Doigts Agiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annick!! Thanks much for the lovely comment. xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Madulka, for the kind comment. I have just visited your blog and it is very beautiful and your own designs are magnificent!! Bravo!!

      Delete
  4. You never cease to Amaze me Vickie. Beautiful just Beautiful my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris!! Sometimes I amaze myself too...which makes the end result very exciting!!! :)

      Delete
  5. WAUW Vickie, this is absolutely stunning work. Gosh I´m truely impressed by this and what a huge lot of work, you´ve put into this beauty here.
    As always you´ve jsut made a complete masterpiece hun, and I just LOOOOOOOVE to watch your gorgeous work. Sooooooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, thanks so much, Maryann!! I made the majority of this piece last August....when my arm/shoulder was still in good working order....and only finished it up a short while ago. I still have a few more things, that were started prior to my shoulder disaster, and I'll be sharing them over the next few weeks :))

      Delete
  6. BRAVO Vickie ! ce tableau est superbe ! quelle finesse ces petits traits en gros plan ...Quelle travail aussi !!! Toutes mes félicitations .
    Bises .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Maryse....thank you, thank you, thank you for your very kind comment!! I have tried and tried to make the photo better to see the detail of the piece, but the photos do not show it very well. Thank you for stopping by, my friend :)

      Delete
  7. Oh Vickey it is beautiful Thank you for showing your work

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so beautiful!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Manon, for stopping by and leaving a very kind comment!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!