Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Wee Bit of Parchment Christmas 2011

Goodness, here it is September already!!  I've made several Christmas cards for family and friends and they are tucked away in their hiding place so no one can see them til the time rolls around when they are supposed to be seen, but these  are a few "extras" I've recently made for 'just in case' situations :))  Nothing fancy, mind you....they are "just in case"!!








The first five cards are made using my own technique as explained in my book titled, "Parchment Craft Etched Glass Technique".  You may also click on the cover of the book located on your left in the side bar for more information.  This technique does require the use of either Paint Shop Pro 8 (or any version there after)  OR  Adobe Photo Shop to create the images on the first five cards.

The last card is traditional white work and is a beautiful, abstract flourish, tree decoration also created in the photo editing program I use when I create my ©Parchment Craft Etched Glass Technique.

I'll be making up a few more "just in case" Christmas cards through Sept. in hopes of inspiring all the procrastinators out there to get busy so you're not a total wreck come December!!!

Happy Parching,

15 comments:

  1. Vickie, you have inspired me to begin my Xmas cards....will post at a later date but I to am using your technique and they do work up rather quickly when i don't mess up...lol. Thanks for sharing your talent..Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha...thanks for your kind comment!! It's always truly my pleasure to share, so when you have some Christmas cards to share, we'd all love to see them in the Guest Gallery :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh my god Vickie, they´re all so gorgeous, and if these are "just" the ib case cards, then I would sure love to see the real ones , that´s for sure ha ha ha ha. All your work are always so gorgeous hun, and I love to watch it.
    Have a wonderful week-end hun and lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. piękne nastrojowe kartki szczególnie śnieżynki mi się podobają i choinka wersja 2 i 4 pozdrawiam serdecznie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maryann....thanks so much for your kind comment, my friend. Yes, these really are the holiday cards for "just in case"!!! Really!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jutka....Thanks very much for your very kind comment. I also like snowflakes and they are always lots of fun to make!!

    Thank you for joining my blog family and I look forward to your visits whenever your time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing an e-mail from you as I know there will be some goodies to see.
    These are no exception and like Maryann I wonder at the other ones.
    Take care,
    Suexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. SueJ....Thanks so much for yet another very kind comment!! lol....the 'other' Christmas cards that are put away til the holiday is here, are similar to these with the exception they are personalized to the recipient :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vickie , ces dernières cartes sont superbes !
    Quel merveilleux travail ! BRAVO !!!
    Bonne soirée . Bises .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maryse (Mamisette....Thanks very much for your very kind comment!! Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, they are all so lovely its hard to say which one I love the most. totally inspirational.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margaret....Thanks for the kind comment and I'm always pleased to pass along a bit of inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Le pergamano des p'tites curieuses
    Quelles réalisations sublimes... J'ai du mal a les départager... Comme toujours un travail parfait et un vrai régal de parcourir ce blog.
    Bon week end.
    Bisous
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cathy....Thank you very much for your very kind comment. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your visit to my blog...stop by any time and say 'hello'!!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vickie, je ne peux m'empêcher de revenir admirer ces magnifiques créations!!! Je suis éblouie par un tel talent.
    Encore BRAVO.
    Amitiés
    Le pergamano des p'tites curieuses ou plutôt Cathy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!