Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mandala Conversion to Parchment Craft

Hi everyone,

I had mentioned in my previous post there are many, many other crafts, such as all the different thread lace patterns, we can research and convert to parchment craft and this post will provide another medium from which designs can be converted to parchment with a wee bit of imagination, patience and an imaginative eye!!!  This time we will be making PARCHMENT MANDALAS.  I will be making many more parchment mandalas this year along with many more lace conversion projects.....PLUS, there will be more "ideas and inspiration" on things that can be done with my own  parchment craft techniques such as "Etched Glass" and printing direct to parchment. 

Below is an OWL MANDALA design I have just completed in parchment craft/pergamano and there are lots and lots of FREE (and royalty free) mandala patterns on the web....all that's required to have them is the time and patience to search for them and download them for future use :))

Mandala Converted to Parchment Craft  
My OWL MANDALA is 8" X 8" and I have to admit....IT WAS DEFINITELY A CHALLENGE!!!!   I love a challenge and am always searching for something different in my craft.....and I'm well known for "stepping out of the box" (as we say here in America!!) frequently, but this design requires some serious mental attention (without disruptions while perforating and cutting) so I'm now passing along the challenge to any parchers out there who would like to take on this project!!! 

Above is the pattern for the OWL MANDALA.  To download simply right click and 'save image as' to your own local drive.  My challenge to you is to complete a PARCHMENT OWL MANDALA project....then send it to me and I will happily share your work with my readers!!!  It's always fun to see how others interpret a pattern/design.  By this, I mean, let your minds eye take in all there is with the image of the pattern and if you see/imagine something a bit different than what I might see in the pattern, then you should always feel free to interpret any pattern/design the way YOU see it.  Maybe you prefer just having the owl on the mandala with no background design....or maybe you want to make a totally different background design behind the owl.  Use your own imagination and let's see what you come up with!!

Best wishes and good luck to everyone who would like to partake in the challenge.  Coming soon will be a new challenge using another conversion technique to parchment craft so stay tuned :-)
 
Hugs to all,
Vickie

14 comments:

  1. Ah, V, I do love mandalas, and your owl is gorgeous. I have done a couple mandalas in the past, and thoroughly enjoyed working them in parchment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much, C!! I have always enjoyed making them in 3D paper crafting and now that I've taken on the "challenge" of attempting one in parchment, I am definitely going to be making more in the future!! One thing is absolutely for certain when making these.....DO NOT DISTURB sign must be up when working on mandalas....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is only one word for this - WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie,

    Thanks for the kind comment!! I hope you will consider taking part in the challenge.

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vickie, You are a breath of fresh air. I was looking for something different but still Parching, I will definitely take up your challenge but it will be nowhere as Beautiful as yours.
    Stay well my friend
    Love Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris,

    Thanks for the kind words!! I'm pleased to see you will participate in the challenge and don't forget to send me a photo/scan of your completed mandala so I can share it here.

    Best wishes to you in the New Year!!

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers girl! This is absolutely stunning! A gorgeous design Vickie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very much, Jerri!! I look forward to "maybe" someday seeing you take on the parchment mandala challenge!!!

    Best wishes to you in the New Year, my friend...

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vickie, It is just a treat when I receive your emails. I'm amazed and more encouraged to keep parching when I see your stunning work. I love challenges! Count me in!
    Enjoy your day, warm hugs, Mary-ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary-ann,

    I'm so happy you enjoy getting my blog notifications :)) Please keep on parching, my friend...it's the very best "therapy" in the whole world...lol Yippee!!....I'll be looking forward to seeing your completed mandala so please don't forget to send a photo/scan so I can post it here to share. Simply send it to the "send it to me" link in the post!!

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  11. meravigloso!!! a lot of parish priest and minute..in short a big beautiful job!!!! ciao ciao..Lucia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lucia,

    Thanks very much for your kind comment and for becoming a part of my blog family!! There is always something new (and hopefully, exciting) going on here, so sit back....put your feet up and enjoy your stay!!!

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vickie your mandela is beautuful keep up the good work i love it
    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheila,

    Thanks so much for your kind comment xx

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!