Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bobbin Lace to Parchment Craft

Hi everyone,

Well, the holidays have come and gone and now it's time to get back to parching....and crafting of any kind, for that matter!!!  I am looking forward to sharing more of my parchment craft techniques this year so thought I'd begin with something I found to be very enjoyable...and quite challenging...last year.  

As we all know, other crafts are often converted to a craft totally outside their original beginnings.  With enough determination and lots and lots of patience we can, most times, turn many of the thread lace crafts into beautiful parchment projects.  I have shared several parchment pieces I made in 2010 that were lace conversions to parchment and to begin 2011 I wanted to start the New Year off with yet another beautiful piece.  It is 8" X 8" and perfect for framing and given to that someone special as a keepsake to hand down to generations to come!!

Hand crafted bobbin lace CONVERTED to Parchment Craft

For those of you who might also partake in any of these crafts:  crochet, tatting, bobbin lace and any of the many, many other lace making techniques....a good portion of the patterns from those crafts can be converted to parchment craft.  Bear in mind, however, converting is a very labor AND time intensive undertaking!!   This project took me a full week to complete and I do not advise making any converted lace project smaller than 5" X 7" finished size.  The project above is, quite truthfully, the smallest I will go (8 inches X 8 inches) and the majority of my other completed lace conversions are all a full sheet of parchment paper in size.  These can all be viewed from my "Gallery" tab at the top of my blog.....or in earlier posts, if you are inclined to dig into the archives!!

Happy New Year......it's time to get back to our beloved parching!!!!!

Hugs to all,
Vickie

10 comments:

  1. Piękny paw:))
    Wszystkiego najlepszego w Nowym Roku!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hania,

    I'm glad you enjoyed the peacock!! Happy New Year to you as well.

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous peacock,V! What a perfect piece to start the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much, C!! I'm looking forward to lots of GOOD THINGS in 2011 :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This piece is truly spectacular!! I see all the time in cuttting and precion it took. Keep thrm coming!! Love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Martha!! Yes indeed...converting any other craft designs/patterns to parchment craft is very time consuming BUT well worth the effort when we see the finished work!!

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is gorgeous, you are very talented.
    I hope 2011 will be good to you.
    Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Sue xx Best wishes to you for a wonderful 2011 as well.

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vickie bardzo piękna i pomysłowa praca...myślałam że to koronka klockowa , a to pergamin :) Życzę dużo zdrowie w Nowym Roku, i wielu ciekawych pomysłów. Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Eve,

    Thanks so much for your kind comment. I promise I will do my best to continue to discover many new interesting ideas!!! Best wishes for a wonderful New Year to you as well, my friend xxx

    Hugs,
    Vickie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you found something of interest and would like to leave a comment? I always love reading (and listening) to what my readers have to say!!